Our Gold level Thistle Mark shows that a Club has met the highest standards of governance, whilst also demonstrating an ongoing commitment to the development of a Club environment which supports and encourages it’s people to achieve the highest standards of playing, coaching, officiating, umpiring and volunteering.
The Gold Level Application Pack is provided on a Netball Scotland USB Drive, to express your interest in completing this application you will be required to complete an online application request form.
Gold Level Criteria
The criteria is set out under the four main pillars, as referred to in Netball Scotland’s 2015-19 Strategic Plan, Polaris.
· Supply the name and contact details for the main club contact or session facilitator. This should be correct & current for the season the club accreditation application is submitted.
· Affiliate all club members to Netball Scotland.
· Have a club constitution or working club guidelines.
· Have a club committee in place and positions filled.
· Hold a club/treasurers bank account with 3 x signatories.
· Hold and record committee meetings.
· Have written and signed Role Descriptions for committee members to adhere to and ensure they are provided with an appropriate handover for their role.
· Have all the following club policies, procedures and documents in place.
- Child Protection & Child Protection Officer in place (if players under 18 years of age)
- Risk Assessment
- Incident & Accident Form
- Code of Conduct for players, coaches and parents.
· Hold and record Minutes of Annual General Meetings.
- If the club has a junior section, demonstrate that all the individuals who work with any junior members have a certified PVG through that club.
· Have a current club strategy or action plan.
· Have a social media and/or online club presence that is easily accessible for new and current members.
· Have regular communication with club members.
· Welcome all new members into the club equally.
· Have a club identity.
· Demonstrate that the club has developed community engagement.
· Demonstrate that the club encourages players of all levels of experience and ability to be involved in the game.
· Demonstrate your involvement with current competition opportunities.
· Encourage appropriate player development by nominating players for trials for Netball Scotland development, representative and national squads.
· Demonstrate that the club supports the development of club members with their personal development aims. This can range from players to coaches, umpires and volunteers.
· Demonstrate that the club has a session(s) that caters for more than one specific target group(s) via a player pathway.
· Encourage and support the development of club members gaining coaching and officiating awards/qualifications by attending Netball Scotland Education courses. Clubs at this level should have at least the following registered umpires and coaches within their clubs:
- 1 x UKCC Level 1 coach per senior competitive team.
- 1 x UKCC Level 2 coach per senior competitive team.
- 1 x B-Umpire per senior competitive team.
- The only exception to this requirement is for affiliated Junior only clubs who require the minimum of 1 x UKCC Level 2 per club and 1 x UKCC Level 1 per junior team, and 1 C-Umpire per team.
· Demonstrate that the club recognises all club volunteers & members.
· Demonstrate that the club committee gives club members the opportunity to input into the running of the club.
· Support and implement a coaching programme or structure within the club.
· Support an officiating and/or coaching mentor programme.
Gold Level Accreditation Rewards
· Netball Scotland staff support
· Exclusive use of The Thistle Mark logo
· Educational course offers
· NS Conference special offers
· Early-bird access to all ticketed events
· Discounted Awards Dinner tickets
· CPD opportunities with the National Technical Team
· Increased promotion and marketing support from NS
· Tailored Gilbert kit packages
· And much more…..
For further information or support on The Thistle Mark Accreditation do not hesitate to get in touch with your local Regional Development Manager or contact the Netball Scotland Office on firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0141 428 3464.