Netball… But not as you know it.
Much like our Bounce Back to Netball programme, InstaNet is recreational netball without structure and hard-fast rules, played in the gym hall in high schools across Scotland. The sessions are for all ages, abilities and genders. We encourage the use of social media for promotion of the sessions and emphasise the use of music to make the session as fun and engaging as possible. Each session is completely participant lead and facilitated by an InstaNet Activator.
InstaNet can be used as a platform to target inactive and disengaged pupils within a secondary school. The programme has been developed to empower seniors to fit into the role of the InstaNet Activator and they are responsible for organising and taking ownership of the club. In doing so, they get access to our InstaNet resources including a range of small sided games and posters which they can use to promote their club. They also have the help of the Community impact Team who have been doing Netball Leaders Training, and signposting all Activators to further volunteering opportunities through Netball Scotland.
InstaNet provides an opportunity for the school, in partnership with Active Schools and Netball Scotland, to organise and deliver sessions that meets the needs of the pupils in the school. #SportforChange
KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Organise and run high quality, fun and encouraging InstaNet sessions.
- Work with your school to decide the best way to plan and promote your club using the resources provided.
- Plan and prepare each netball session, using the resources where appropriate. Discuss and review sessions with players, other activators and relevant teacher and Netball Scotland (NS) Community Impact Team.
- Advising participants on basics of the game including hints and tips.
- Complete all administration. Facilitate a simple and efficient registration process by filling in all required fields. Report regularly to relevant teacher or NS Community Impact Officer.
- Support high quality, fun and player focussed netball sessions, utilising support resources where appropriate and including: • Grouping players, being sensitive to ability • Say hello to all • Appropriate time keeping • Ensuring quality playing and rest time for all
- Ensure a safe playing environment by adhering to all appropriate venue policies and procedures e.g. Health and Safety, Risk Assessment, Equality without forgetting this session is to be fun.
- Retain and increase player numbers by creating a player centred approach, having a positive attitude and creating a positive impression of you and your school.
Activators will receive:
- Branded Netball Scotland kit • Training from Netball Scotland • CPD opportunities – coaching and officiating • Continued support from Netball Scotland • Valuable sports development experience to add to your CV
Our InstaNet Resources includes;
Key Tasks and Responsibilities of the InstaNet Activator
Setting up your club
Hints and Tips for an InstaNet Session
10 Small Sided Games
Introduction to Positions and Netball Court
InstaNet Location Poster
InstaNet Activator Poster
InstaNet Activators are also eligible for their very own InstaNet Activator Branded T-Shirt