U17 National Trials 2019
13th May 2019
National U17 Selections
We are now accepting application forms for the National Under 17 performance programme 2019 -2020 from those who are U17 on 31st December 2019 (2003 or later birth years).
Please ensure you are able to provide the evidence of your eligibility upon selection through one of the following:
- I am a citizen of Scotland (copy of your passport or other document evidencing citizenship).
- I was born in Scotland (able to provide a copy of birth certificate if relevant).
- I have at least one parent or grandparent born in Scotland; My mother or father or grandparent was born in Scotland (able to attach copy of relevant parent’s / grandparent’s birth certificate and/or passport).
- I have been living permanently and have been physically present in Scotland for at least 24 months prior to the Championships. (Short holidays away from the country of residence are permitted) (if relevant attach utility bill, school enrolment or graduation confirmation or other documents evidencing that you have lived in Scotland for 24 months).
Eligibility to nominate athletes to a national selection are as follows:
- All athletes in the Development Academy programme will receive an email from the Performance Co-ordinator confirming if they will be invited to trials
- District coaches will be contacted by the Pathways Development Manager
- Club Coaches, please complete an application form and the Performance Profile for eligible athletes not involved in Netball Scotland Development Academies or District Squads at U15 and U17 level
- If based outside of Scotland, please complete an application form and the Performance Profile
Click here to download the application form
Click here to download the Performance Profile document
Please note that individual feedback will not be given to athletes or coaches after the trials.
U17 Long Squad Selections
The U17 Long Squad Selections will take place as follows;
- Venue: Emirates Arena
- Date: Saturday 8th June
- Time: 10am-3pm
Attire: Dark shorts/leggings (black or Navy), white t-shirt
Commitment and expectations of athletes
- As a national athlete you will be a role model for netball in Scotland.
- Have the capacity and desire to commit to an intensive training programme each year:
- Click here for the U17 training calendar for season 2019-2020
- Netball Europe, 6th – 8th March 2019
- Strength training 2/3 times per week
- Cardiovascular training 3/4 times per week
- Ball management work 20 minute sessions, 4 times per week
- Competition programme
- If selected to the squad, there will be an athlete contribution towards the training and competition programme, maximum of £200 and Netball Europe will be a maximum of £150. All athletes are expected to participate in squad fundraising ventures to help support the programme.
Please note that the deadline for entries is Sunday 19th May. If you have any questions in relation to the above information, or to submit a performance profile, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0141 428 3466.