This course is a perfect beginners course for umpiring. The course is online and helps learners have a better understanding of the rules and applying them.
Delivery: Online Course
This Course is Perfect for those who are Umpiring at a lower level or in Schools.
After you attend the course you will be able to:
- Improve current understanding and knowledge of the rules of the game
- Identify the requirements for Netball Europe C Award
- Improve umpiring skills by identifying/observing and penalising infringements of the rules
- Demonstrate how positioning, movement and vision impacts on an umpires performance
- Begin to develop an awareness of when it is appropriate to playing advantage
- Introduce awareness of Contact v Contest
- Understand the importance of Game Management for control and discipline
Prerequiste: Online Introduction to Umpiring
Delivery: 6 Hours
Please note, that there is no longer a fitness test requirement for the Level C Award.
Perfect for those that have gained the C Umpire Award and are over the age of 16 officiating in local or regional leagues.
After you attend the course you will:
- Know and apply the rules in a more demanding game environment
- Use recommended hand signals to illustrate decisions made
- Apply Match Protocols
- Apply advantage where appropriate
- Expand on vision, positioning and movement skills
- Demonstrate the difference between Contact that does or does not interfere with play
- Utilise effective Game Management techniques
- Understand the requirements to progress along the officials pathway
Prerequisite: C Umpire Award
Duration: 6 hours
Delivery: Practical & Theory
Cost of course: £80
As part of your Umpiring Assessment you must submit your Fitness Bleep Test Result using this document: for the B Award, you are required to reach a minimum of 6.1.
This award is perfect for those who are looking to progress their umpiring and look at performance and international matches. There is no course around this but a series of workshops and mentoring. If you are interested in doing your A Umpire Award please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
As part of your Umpiring Assessment you must submit your Fitness Bleep Test Result using this document: for the A Award, you are required to reach a minimum of 7.1.