Under 17 National Squad Trial Nominations 2018-19
16th May 2018
Netball Scotland’s Performance Team are now accepting application forms for the Under 17 Performance Programme 2018 -2019, from those who are aged between 14 and 16, as at the 31st December 2018 (i.e. 2002 or later birth years).
Eligibility to Compete for Scotland
Please ensure you are able to provide the evidence of your eligibility upon selection through one of the following:
- I am a citizen of Scotland (copy of your passport or other document evidencing citizenship).
- I was born in Scotland (able to provide a copy of birth certificate if relevant).
- I have at least one parent or grandparent born in Scotland; My mother or father or grandparent was born in Scotland (able to attach copy of relevant parent’s / grandparent’s birth certificate and/or passport).
- I have been living permanently and have been physically present in Scotland for at least 24 months prior to the Netball Europe Championships (March 2019). Short holidays away from the country of residence are permitted. If relevant attach utility bill, school enrolment or graduation confirmation or other documents evidencing that you have lived in Scotland for 24 months.
Eligibility to nominate athletes to a National selection are as follows:
- All athletes in the Development Academy programme will be notified by Netball Scotland’s Performance Coordinator.
- District coaches will be contacted by Netball Scotland’s Pathways Development Manager.
- Club coaches (only in areas where no District squad is accessible) – please complete an application form and the Performance Profile.
- If based outside of Scotland, please complete an application form and the Performance Profile.
Click here to complete the application form (to be completed by the player).
Click here to download the Performance Profile (to be completed by the coach).
U17 Long Squad Selections
The U17 Long Squad Selections will take place as follows;
Saturday 9th June
Attire: Dark shorts (black or navy), white t-shirt
Please note that individual feedback will not be given to athletes or coaches after the trials.
Commitment and Expectations of Athletes
- As a National athlete you will be a role model for netball in Scotland.
- Have the capacity and desire to commit to an intensive training programme each year.
The U17 training calendar for season 2018-2019 will be provided following successful selection into the squad, but will include:
- Strength training 2/3 times per week
- Cardiovascular training 3/4 times per week
- Ball management work 20 minute sessions, 4 times per week
- Competition programme (Netball Europe, 8th – 10th March 2019)
- If selected to the squad, there will be an athlete contribution towards the training and competition programme, maximum of £200 and Netball Europe will be a maximum of £150. All athletes are expected to participate in squad fundraising ventures to help support the programme.