U21 National Trials 2019
12th March 2019
Netball Scotland are now accepting applications for the National Under 21 performance programme 2019 working towards Netball Europe 2019 and the World Youth Championships taking place in Fiji in July 2021.
We invite athletes who are eligible for the following competitions:
- Netball Europe 2019 – Born in 1998 or later birth years
- World Youth Championships 2021 – Born in 2000 or later birth years
Please ensure you are able to provide evidence of your eligibility upon selection through one of the following:
- I am a citizen of Scotland (copy of your passport or other document evidencing citizenship).
- I was born in Scotland (able to provide a copy of birth certificate if relevant).
- I have at least one parent or grandparent born in Scotland; My mother or father or grandparent was born in Scotland (able to attach copy of relevant parent’s / grandparent’s birth certificate and/or passport).
- I have been living permanently and have been physically present in Scotland for at least 24 months prior to the Championships. (Short holidays away from the country of residence are permitted) (if relevant attach utility bill, school enrolment or graduation confirmation or other documents evidencing that you have lived in Scotland for 24 months).
- U17 and eligible U21 national long squad athletes from the previous season who wish to put themselves forward for selection, please complete the application form.
- All other eligible athletes must complete the application form accompanied by the Performance Profile form which must be completed by your District or Club Coach (where this is no district) with a minimum UKCC2 qualification. Please email the completed form to Elena Morris on Elena.Morris@NetballScotland.com
Click here to download the Application form
Click here to download the Performance Profile form
Application forms and Performance Profile forms must be received by Friday 22nd March 2019. All applicants will be contacted by 26th March to confirm if they will be invited to trial.
Venue: Glasgow Club Holyrood, G42 8BA
Date: 30th March 2019
Time: 10:00 – 13:00
Attire: Dark shorts/leggings and white t-shirt
Commitment and expectations of athletes:
- As a national athlete you will be a role model for netball in Scotland.
- Have the capacity and desire to commit to an intensive training programme each year
- Strength training 2/3 times per week
- Cardiovascular training 3/4 times per week
- Ball management work 20 minute sessions, 4 times per week
- Competition programme
If selected to the squad, there will be an athlete contribution towards the training and competition programme, maximum of £200 and Netball Europe will be a maximum of £150. All athletes are expected to participate in squad fundraising ventures to help support the programme.